ISLAMABAD: The federal government has allowed duty free imports by Edhi Foundation subject to the condition that the imported goods mean for use by the foundation.
According to updated First Schedule of Customs Act 1969 issued by Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) stating that following goods imported by Abdul Sattar Edhi Foundation and Bilques Edhi Foundation, subject to furnishing of a certificate Faisal Edhi, Vice Managing Trustee and Qubra Edhi, Trustee, Edhi Foundation at the time of import of each consignment to the effect that the goods are meant for use by Edi Foundation or, as the case may be, by Bilquis Edhi Foundation. (In the case of goods at serial No. 14,15,16, the words “Edhi Foundation” or “as the case may be , Bilquis Edhi Foundation “are inscribed at some prominent place on the body of each vehicle, aeroplane or helicopter);
1. Butter oil (04.05)
2. Rice (10.06)
3. Grains (10.07)
4. Cooking oil (Chapter 15)
5. Vitamins (29.36)
6. Hormones .(29.37)
7. Pencillin (29.41)
8. Medicaments (30.04)
9. Waddings, guaze, bandages and similar articles (for example, dressings, adhesive plaster, poultices) impregnated or coated with pharmaceutical substances.(30.05)
10. Pharmaceutical goods (30.06)
11. Worn clothing(63.09)
12. Wireless transmission apparatus (85.15)
13. Wireless reception apparatus.(85.27)
14. Ambulances (87.03)
15. Mobile radiological units(87.05)
16. Helicopters, aeroplanes (88.02)
17. Parts of helicopters and aeroplanes (Respective headings)
18. Instruments and appliances used in medical or surgical sciences (90.18)
19. Orthopaedic appliances, including crutches, surgical belts and trusses; splints and other fracture appliances, artificial parts of the body, hearing aids and other appliances which are worn or carried, or implanted in the body, to compensate for a defect or disability (90.21)
20. Apparatus based on the use of X-rays for medical or surgical uses, control panels and desks, screens, examination or treatment tables, chairs and the like (90.22).
The ambulances already imported or to be imported under S.No. 14 of Para (i) above may be disposed of after expiry of seven years from the date of importation without payment of duty and taxes leviable at the time of import with the prior approval of FBR.